Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do You Love Jesus?

One of my favorite songs is My Savior, My God by Aaron Shust. I can listen to it over and over again all day long—literally. Just ask my kids. :-)

Well, today as I was listening to it, I thought: Wow, Jesus. You died for me. I love You so much!




Then it hit me. I can say how much I love Jesus till I'm blue in the face. I can sing songs and get all warm and fuzzy inside. All that's nice, but when it comes right down to it, I show Jesus my love for Him by how I treat those around me. And I'd just barked at one of my kids, and likely my husband as well! E-hem.

On the other hand, I've had one who claims to love Jesus tell me that I have MS because I didn't send him enough money (I sent 50 bucks but that wasn't enough) to support his "ministry." I had another tell me that if I had enough faith I would be healed. And now, I've heard from the rumor mill what Pat Robertson has recently said of Haiti (I didn't even know Pat Robertson existed until this happened; that's how out of touch I am).

Anyway, all of this comes from people who claim to LOVE JESUS!

Well, I'm saddened because it's this kind of behavior—by folks who are supposed to reflect our Savior—that gives God a bad name.

Listen folks. Christ DIED for YOU while you were STILL a SINNER. That right there says a lot, and it's found in John 3:16, in case you want to look it up. Something I highly recommend. Interesting that it doesn't say, Christ came and wiped us all out because we were STILL SINNERS! That's really what we deserved. Ugh. No. It says HE DIED. He left His place of glory and came down to this wicked earth TO DIE.



So, what does a Person who does such a thing, like sacrificing Himself for the entire human race, think of this kind of talk?


Let's get to know God a little and see what He has to say:

Job's friends told him that he and his family were suffering because of their wrongdoing. Eliphaz the Temanite told Job that his suffering was because of his iniquity and that his family members came to an end because of the "blast of God's anger" in Job 4:7-8. And Bildad said that Job's sons died because of their transgressions in Job 8:4-6. Zophar the Naamathite told Job that he should put iniquity out of his hand and get rid of the wickedness in his tent, so that God would forgive him and he would be able to lift up his face without moral defect and not have to fear any more in Job 11:11-15.

After they had their word, this is what God answered Eliphaz: "My wrath is kindled against you and against your two friends, because you have not spoken of Me what is right as My servant Job has. Now therefore, take for yourselves seven bulls and seven rams, and go to My servant Job, and offer up a burnt offering for yourselves, and My servant Job will pray for you. For I will accept him so that I may not do with you according to your folly, because you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has." So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the LORD told them; and the LORD accepted Job (Job 42:7-9).

As for faith and not having enough to be healed, guys, sometimes it's not God's will for us to be healed. Remember Paul and the thorn in his side? See 2 Corinthians 12: 7-10. It's good that we're never told what that thorn was because it can represent so many things. Such as our illnesses.

It's important to have faith, strong faith, but despite this father's lack of faith, Jesus still healed his son (Mark 9: 17-25).

In regards to Haiti and what Pat Robertson said, check out Luke 13:4 where eighteen people died because of the collapse of the Tower of Siloam. I won't quote it. I think it'd be good for folks to whip out their own Bibles and look it up. And all of what was said in Job pretty much covered that as well.

So folks, let's be careful with what we say. I'd hate to have the wrath of God kindled against me. And if we have screwed up (because I know I've had my many moments), then let's repent and apologize to the ones we've harmed. Reconciliation is so simple, but our pride makes it so difficult.

Remember, if we want to love Jesus, we should treat those around us as if they were Christ in the flesh.

... I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. ~Jesus Christ~ (Matt. 25:40)

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN THE WORLD SAYS YOU CAN'T, FAITH SAYS YOU CAN!