Sunday, April 10, 2011

Something Beautiful

I’ve been holding this in for a couple months, but now, it’s safe to share. And now that it’s safe to share, I find I’m having the hardest time putting this down on the page. It’s something I’ve been dying to tell everyone. Something I’ve been jumping up and down about (inside, since I can’t do that very well physically, right now, lol). But really, there are no words to describe the joy and excitement I feel over this news.

For years when people would ask how many siblings I had, I’d say, I have one sister (the one you all met earlier; she came to see if she’d be a match for me), and then I’d add, I also have a half sister who I haven’t seen since she was two. We have the same father, and to keep her safe from him, her mother “disappeared” with her from our lives.

I remember when she was born, how cute she was, and how I’d make her giggle while playing peekaboo. She was my precious baby sister, and I longed to find her, to get to know her, and to simply love her. But for complicated reasons, that wasn’t to happen . . . until now.

Recently, I was reunited with my “baby sister,” Charis Joy Jackson (family calls her “Cari,” and that’s what I’ve always called her, so if I ever slip up and call her “Cari,” you’ll know why and who I’m talking about). She is 27 years old now and works in film with YWAM. You can read all about her work here: http://www.ywamconnect.com/sites/Charisjoy. You can also read her version of this grand event. It’s amazing how much we have in common! She also loves to write and has written several screenplays that have been made into short films. She sings and we can talk without end together . . . and just like years ago, she still has a beautiful (precious) laugh.

Below is a picture of all of us sisters. Cari is in the center. That’s me on the left (with my wig rising up, lol), and Kelli on the far right.




Charis Joy has brought renewed joy in our lives.

A beautiful thing: sisters reunited.


13 comments:

  1. That's so wonderful to hear, Sandi! I'm so glad you were able to find her and pick up where you left off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rachel. I was just going through your pictures on Facebook today and thinking about what a blessing you've been to me during this difficult time. I pray God will bless you greatly for your love and thoughtfulness. Love you, girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sandi, this is so wonderful. I know the feeling, to find that long lost loved one. I'm praising God for you right now. And I'm so happy for you. God has many more wonderful plans for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thrilled for you! I'm praising God with you for bringing you this joy at this point when it means so much, and praying that your sisters continue to provide that blessing that only sisters can.

    Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Sandi!!! So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. What a wonderful blessing. So happy for you, Sandi. And for the way God works everything out in His time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi that is awesome! I have a similar story, I had two full sisters who were adopted by two other families and I was adopted by my mothers parents. I remember taking care of them when they were little and what it felt like when they "left" me. We reunited years later only to learn we grew up in that same tiny town not knowing who we were. I am so happy for you! Enjoy the gift of sisterhood! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely wonderful, and I know how you feel. I grew up thinking I was an only child, only to find out after my father's death that I had an older sister named Suzi. I drove miles and searched through many dusty files trying to find her, but was blocked at every turn. Eventually I contacted, "Unsolved Mysteries." She called before I ever saw the show (different time zones). At one point in time we lived about five blocks apart and none of us knew it!

    She is absolutely my sister in so many incredible ways. We are almost like twins and even finish each other's sentences. We both had the same hairdo on our wedding day. We both majored in History Education, love cats, drink the same tea, and are artistic in the same areas. Our children even look alike!

    My heart is dancing for joy with you as you and your sisters discover all the richness of this reunion.

    God bless you,
    GinniB

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such wonderful news! I think the two of you have a great story to tell together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, very beautiful--a priceless treasure! Thank you so much for sharing this exciting news. Hugs from here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful news! Praise God! May your whole family be blessed by this renewed relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for the many blessings in your life, Sandi! Nobody deserves it more. I see you've also tested as cancer free, too. I'm so relieved! (Just because I haven't visited as much as I used to doesn't mean you haven't been in my prayers, believe me. I haven't been online much this year.) Also, Susan just announced to HISFIC that Master's Wall won! Life is good. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! When you are going through the darkness of those storms, oh how hard it is to see. The devil loves to whisper, there is no hope, just stop trying, thinking, even praying. But there is, praise the lord! I have enjoyed reading your blog and I pray that god will heal you mentally, physically and spiritually! Praying for you girl! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

WHEN THE WORLD SAYS YOU CAN'T, FAITH SAYS YOU CAN!