Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Can Only Imagine

Have you ever wondered what it will be like in Heaven?

Some have differing opinions about what will happen after this life. I base my thinking on what I read in the Bible, and what I read there is very promising.

I think heaven will be a lot like what we see in God's creation. Only it'll be one-hundred times better.

Can you imagine something better than the good things in this world?

Take for example the magnificent mountains, their majesty and awesomeness.

Take the ocean, the splendid waves and all the amazing sea creatures.

Look at a green field, at a sunset and the beauty of a sunrise.

Then breathe in the smells. The lilacs, the tulips, and the rose. The smell after it rains.

Now listen to the sounds around us. Do you hear the birds singing? Do you hear the small child saying, "I love you?" What's your favorite song? At the moment, I'm listening to a song by Mercy Me: I Can Only Imagine.

What do you feel with your hands, your body, your lips? Have you ever felt your feet sink into the soft sand on a beach? Have you ever brushed your fingers over the softness of a rabbit's fur? Or a baby's head? Felt the warmth of the sun on your face? Had the comfort of a hug? Or even experienced with your spouse the depth of pleasure sexual intimacy can awaken?

What about the foods you love to eat? Think of all the succulent and mouthwatering tastes that surround us.

All of these wonders are God's creation!

Since this world is temporary and God is going to scrap it, how much better do you think the final version is going to be? It's like when I write a story, I always go back through and cut out mundane passages and add different words to improve the prose, etc. In the end, the revision is always better than what I had to begin with. I'm not saying God has made a mistake with the present earth. We're the ones who have screwed it up and called a curse of death upon ourselves. That's why God says He will create for us a new heaven and a new earth. Imagine how much better they will be!

Isaiah 65:17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22 "For just as the new heavens and the new earth which I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD, "So your offspring and your name will endure."

2 Peter 3:13 "But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells."

When I think of Heaven, it leads me to thinking of God. After all, He invented Heaven. He's the inventor of all good things. Just being in His presence will be heavenly.

Now imagine . . . GOD.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, Caroline. I'm glad you liked it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Sandi.... I've been reading "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn... I think you'd enjoy it! He pretty much agrees... thinking Heaven will be a 'familiar' place, a place like this creation only as it was intended, without the effects of sin and with the total presence of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, Thanks for telling me about Alcorn's book! I read up on it at Amazon. I'll definitely be getting my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete

WHEN THE WORLD SAYS YOU CAN'T, FAITH SAYS YOU CAN!