Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More Warm Surprises

I've been wanting to put this up for a long time now, ever since I was discharged from the hospital during my last visit. I've been trying to get a picture up with no luck; hence, the delay. So, I gave up on the picture. I'm just sorry you all won't be able to see it. I got a new computer (my family got together and pitched in to get me a new laptop for my 40th!), but I haven't figured out how to put pictures on it yet. I can get pictures from the Internet, just not my personal pictures. sigh

Anyway, all that to say, when I got out of the hospital last week, I came home to a LOVELY afghan made by several of my writing friends. Each square was made by an individual (from different States!), and then pieced together by one person. I'd name everyone who was involved in making this afghan, but some of the cards fell off (they each left a card with their name on the square they made; I didn't want to take them off because I enjoyed seeing the names of the people who did this for me), and I'm afraid I might forget someone. All I know is, I was deeply touched and really, words are so lame when expressing one's appreciation for such a beautiful, thoughtful, generous gift!



Just think of all the time each of those ladies put into making each square, and then the time it took to piece them all together . . . all for me! It really makes a person feel loved. And after this last stay in the hospital, I was fighting depression and asking God to just let me know that He was there for me. Well, it's amazing how God reveals Himself and His love through these giving individuals.

Thank you, ladies! Thank you for the blessing you are to me. xxx

I go into the hospital today for a week, so I probably won't be able to post or comment. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. We'll see!

More chemo, here I come.

***

HERE'S A PICTURE OF THE AFGHAN! I'm in the hospital, and normally I can't access my blog or leave comments, but for some reason, it's letting me right now. Yeah! See the lovely afghan below. Thank you, Rachel! xxx All those little cards on it have the names of each individual person who made that square! :-)

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift of love for you! As you wrap yourself in it I hope it will remind you not only of all those friends who care so much about you, but also of God who wraps his love around you and carries you through the difficult times. I join your friends in praying for you during this round of chemo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, I pray for you every day. I'll be praying that this round will not be so hard on you. I'm so glad that God showed you His love through the afghan. We all care deeply for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, my family is praying for you. Benjamin prays often for Aaron too and loves him so much. May God give you strength for this next round of chemo and heal you. You are an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi,
    I discovered you through Melanie Dickerson's website. I read her book: The Healer's Apprentice, and was looking for some more books by her or similar to it. Glancing through your blog I saw you were diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma. I'll start praying for you and your family. I know something of what they're going through as my husband was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma a little over 3 years ago now. Though it is normally an easy cancer to cure, his case was not. He went through 6 months of standard chemo, a month of radiation. Then a few months later scans showed he wasn't cured. He then had several months of radiation to get into remission to prepare for a stem cell transplant (basically a bone marrow transplant). He went through a Matched Unrelated Donor (MUD) allogenic transplant in October 2009 and since then all his scans have been clean. He's still in recovery mode but will soon be able to go back to work.
    I hope your treatment brings you a cure for both your cancer and your MS.
    A place I found lots of support and information from was the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society forums http://community.lls.org/community/bloodcancer/livingwith
    Praying for you and looking forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your prayers! I don't know where I'd be without them and your encouraging words.

    Levica, thank you so much for sharing your story. It gives me hope. I didn't realize there were also so many Lymphoma Society forums. I'll be undergoing a transplant as well, and they just tested my sister to see if she'd be a match. We should hear back sometime this week. Otherwise, they've already found a match from an unrelated donor. Thank you so much for all your prayers! xxx

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

WHEN THE WORLD SAYS YOU CAN'T, FAITH SAYS YOU CAN!