Friday, December 30, 2011

Umm . . . still in shock.


I thought to title this post as a “praise report,” but I want God to be praised no matter what (whether in good times or bad). Why is it so much easier to praise Him when things go my way? I did praise Him numerous times (trying to be like Job) when things were discouraging. There was no jumping up and down, though. It was more of a quiet praise, a whisper of praise that I felt in my heart.

Anyway . . .

We got the PET scan results yesterday, and the doc said there was no cancer to be found: not in the scan and not in my blood work. It was NOT TO BE FOUND and therefore I’m in REMISSION!

She said the pain I have in my back is from a fractured rib because of the cancer and then radiation (it broke when I was coughing; I’ll never forget it, ouch!). It will take some time, but it will heal! Thank You, Lord, for my fractured rib! LOL We thought for sure it was cancer!

Both my husband and I were so shocked, we could hardly believe what she was telling us. We’re still having a hard time fathoming the wonderful news. I can’t tell you how GOOD it was to tell our kids this! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Thank You, God! Thank You so much!!

The doc is still going to keep a close eye on me, and I’m still pretty weak. At least, one more treatment from Dr. Brown (the Naturopathic doc in AZ) will be good for me. All the fundraisers have made it possible for me to see him again. Thank you to all who helped with that!!!

Again, thank You God!!!

I’m just so happy I can barely type. My hands are trembling and tears are flowing. A part of me is almost afraid to be happy. Ya know? We just kept getting slammed with bad news, over and over again. How can this truly be real?

All I know is, I’ll take what I can get! And I thank God for saying “yes” to all the prayers that have gone up on my behalf! Thank you all for praying. Thank you!!! I just pray that God will allow this remission to last for a good long time. I want to be here for my kids, no matter how old they are. I know how much I love having my own mother in my life, and I want my kids to have the same. Praise God for whatever He decides is best.

Thank You Lord, my Holy precious Savior. Praise You and thank You!

I tried not to use all caps too often so you all wouldn’t feel like I was yelling, but honestly, all those exclamation points are shouts of joy!

I’m on my knees thanking my heavenly Father, kissing His feet. Thank You for giving me and my family this time of joy.

Love,

Sandi xxx

16 comments:

  1. Praise God! I'm so happy for you and your family. Congratulations, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! Isn't he amazing?! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God and I have prayed and waited for this moment all year as have the other HisWriters gals. Thanking God for this healing. He is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. praising God with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! This is such an awesome answer to prayer. Enjoy the blessing of this good report. I will pray for healing for your rib and increasing strength and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME news, Sandi!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm just so thrilled!! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To God be the GLORY! I'm so happy you received this great news and were able to share something so great with your children. Praising God with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Woo hoo! I feel like the church that prayed for Peter and didn't believe it when God released him from prison and he came knocking at their door! Why am I surprised at this??? It's what we've been praying for! Love you and am so thankful!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so very wonderful!!! I'm so happy for U & your family!! Congradulations, Sandi!! May God keep loving U, but keeping U here on Earth w/ us for many, many more years to come!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very happy for you, Sandi! Wishing you continued recovery and good health for 2012.

    Happy New Year!

    Cheers,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praise God!
    I can't think of something that would be more wonderful to hear. A doctor telling you no cancer was found. =D
    ---
    I just finished reading Yahshua's Bridge! I loved it! You spoke of sensitive readers in the back...which is definitely me. I have bipolar disorder. But I am REALLY glad that you kept the difficult scenes in. You're right.
    It was just as good as the first one...romance, suspense, danger. Loved it! =D
    ---
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi! I've been praising God since I got the news on a quick e-mail check in while on vacation. Your perspective is stunning and while I know you would continue to praise anyway, what a blessing to be able to share your joy at praising Jehovah Rophe for His miracle touch. Amen, Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi, I have thought of you often since we first met at a CRW meeting, long ago. I've prayed for you and I often asked (someone/anyone) how you were doing. So imagine my pleasure when I read your blog to find out that you are in remission.
    My face will really light up when I see you at one of our meetings again.
    May God continue to bless you and yours over and over again.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, That's the best news! So happy for you and your family. I hope to see you again soon at one of the CRW events. Take care and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy, excited and relieved for your family. May God continue to hold you close and blessings to you!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

WHEN THE WORLD SAYS YOU CAN'T, FAITH SAYS YOU CAN!