Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Here's why it's been so quiet

I don't know where to start. It's all happened so fast, and yet, not fast enough. The ride has been like a rollercoaster!

I can't believe it's finally my turn to say I'm going to be published! How exciting! I can barely type because my hands won't keep still. My breathing is rapid, and now I'm not getting enough oxygen. If I'm not careful, I might hyperventilate. I mean, it's already taken me like two whole minutes to type the previous lines because I keep clapping my hands in glee! Okay, time to calm down, Sandi. Calm yourself, girl! Breathe! Okay. I'm taking a long, slow deep breath. I'm lifting my chin and straightening my lapels (because I'm wearing a dress suit of course, not my favorite sweats and t-shirt with my two-year-old tugging on my legs and demanding my attention). I'm a serious author who knows what she's doing, yes I am, Sandi I am. I am?



So . . .



who wants to escape their monotonous life, kick off their shoes and run barefoot through a Roman villa? Who wants to eavesdrop on whispering voices in the woods between a slave boy and his master's granddaughter? Who wants to stand breathless and trembling before a murderous patriarch and still have the courage for the Savior's name to cross your lips? And finally, who's willing to risk all you hold dear to save the life of a girl--a girl you once thought of as an annoying little sister until she grew up into a beautiful woman?



If this sounds like something you'd like to do, stay in touch! I'll let you know when the book is released!



Here's the official book jacket description:



THE MASTER'S WALL


He fights for his freedom. She fights for her life. Together, they fight for each other.

After watching Roman soldiers drag his parents away to their death, David, a young Hebrew, is sold and enslaved to serve at a villa outside of Rome. David trains to become a skilled fighter. He works hard to please his master and hopes to earn his freedom. However, an opportunity to escape tempts him with its whispering call. Freedom beckons, but invisible chains hold him captive to the master's granddaughter, an innocent girl with a fiery spirit. David vows to protect Alethea from his master, the murderous patriarch, and contrives a daring plan--sacrifice his own life to save hers.



***



THE MASTER'S WALL was a 2009 finalist in the Genesis under the title Mark of the Sword in the Historical category. The story takes place just outside of Rome in 76 AD, and I just signed a three book deal with DeWard Publishing, THE MASTER'S WALL being the first in my IRON AND THE STONE series! DeWard is a small press and they're moving pretty fast on this project. I believe my book will be coming out sometime this summer (ARCs to be released this month). Because they're a small press, and this will be their first fiction line, I'm going need all the help I can get from my fellow writers and readers. So, I and DeWard will be immensely grateful to anyone willing to give us a hand in promoting my book.



If you'd like to read an excerpt, head on over this way http://thebookdoctorbd.blogspot.com/2009/08/masters-wall-final-version.html. I actually shredded my own manuscript to teach others what "not" to do in writing fiction. It was painful, but this is how it actually reads. I suppose I should put up a "nicer" excerpt on this blog. I'll do that later. I hope it appeals to your reading taste buds!



I'll let you know when it's released, and I hope ALL of you will buy it! LOL No pressure. :-)

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is a major accomplishment for which you can be very proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kind of book, Sandi! Congrats on such a great accomplishment! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just too cool, Sandi. I commented on your comment on my blog, too. Great news, Pretty Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, Nicole! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Couldn't happen to a nicer gal!!!

    BTW...I've nominated your blog to receive the Sunshine Award for being an inspiration to others. Just stop by my blog to pick it up at Crime Fiction And Faith.

    http://crimefictionandfaith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Nike! Good to see you! Thanks for the nomination!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A three book deal! That's wonderful Sandi I'm so pleased for you, and not a little envious. The very best of luck and I hope you enjoy each stage in the process that leads to holding your novel in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Anita! It's great to see you. Thanks for dropping by!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excited for you Sandi and looking forward to reading the book!

    ReplyDelete

WHEN THE WORLD SAYS YOU CAN'T, FAITH SAYS YOU CAN!