Friday, October 25, 2013

Showcasing author Christine Lindsay


Please welcome my wonderful friend and fellow author, Christine Lindsay!

Christine Lindsay is an Irish-born writer, proud of the fact that she was once patted on the head by Prince Philip when she was a baby. Her great grandfather, and her grandfather—yes father and son—were both riveters on the building of the Titanic. Tongue in cheek, Christine states that as a family they accept no responsibility for the sinking of that great ship.

It was stories of her ancestors who served in the British Cavalry in Colonial India that inspired her historical series Twilight of the British Raj of which Book 1 Shadowed in Silk has won several awards, and Book 2 Captured by Moonlight. Christine is currently writing the final installment of that series called Veiled at Midnight to be released August 2014.

Also coming out February 2014 is Londonderry Dreaming, a romance novella set in Londonderry Northern Ireland, not far from Christine’s birthplace.

Her newest release is a short Christmas story, Heavenly Haven, and has just been released as an Ebook Oct. 15, 2013.

Christine makes her home in British Columbia, on the west coast of Canada with her husband and their grown up family. Her cat Scottie is chief editor on all Christine’s books.

Please drop by Christine’s website www.christinelindsay.com
Follow her on Twitter and be her friend on Pinterest and Facebook



Heavenly Haven by Christine Lindsay
Avalanches happen to other people, not us. Marital problems happen to other people, not us, especially nine days before Christmas. At least that’s what Jack and Shaina Burke thought. Married for ten years, avalanche control expert Jack, and Shaina, only wanted to celebrate their December anniversary in a romantic way, until the shifting snows on the mountain bring havoc tumbling down upon them. Can they find renewed love in a heavenly haven of snow?



One of the 5-star Reviews for Heavenly Haven:
Reader, Kathryn Svendsen—Now that's what I call a romance! This was a wonderful novelette about a married couple and what a few angry words between them can do. What I loved about it was that the romance was between a married couple.

Most romance stories we read are between people who are not married and part of the reason why they are attracted to the other is how drop-dead gorgeous or how sexy handsome he is. This romance is between two people who have been married for ten years and have gotten to know one another's flaws and rough edges. We don't know if they are perfect looking or not. But we do know that whatever they look like, and whatever quirky habits or funky flaws they might have, Jack and Shaina do love each other. That is love, and that is what Ms. Lindsay shows us how God loves us.

Set in the beautiful Steven's Pass area of the Cascade Mountains in Washington State nine days before Christmas, Ms. Lindsay uses her considerable gift of descriptive language to present a story that you can easily see, taste, touch smell and feel. She is a master at creating the image in the reader's mind. I felt like I was right in the vehicle with Shaina and the children after the avalanche.

This story is a masterpiece! I gave it 5 stars. It should definitely be on your Christmas reading list!



Why I wrote Heavenly Haven by Christine Lindsay

The above review from reader, Kathryn Svendsen, is part of the reason I wrote this novelette. Like most women, I work, work, work. There is always something to do, and this past year I realized that my dear husband was suffering from loneliness due to my extremely busy schedule. Something had to change.

On our summer holidays we drove through the majestic Canadian Rockies, and at the summit of Roger’s Pass I noticed a large artillery gun. I asked my husband why on earth that was there, and he explained that avalanche control experts shot artillery shells into the snow caps to trigger avalanches. They did this to carefully control the snows from building too high and thick and thereby causing a fatal avalanche.

I mulled this over as we drove, and compared that to the changes I had to make in my life. My marriage had to come first, even at the expense of my writing career. So, I chose to cut back on my writing so I could spend more quality time with my husband. This little novelette is similar, but fictional, and I hope that my characters, Jack and Shaina, will inspire you to keep your priorities in line as well. Blessings on you and your loved ones.

Heavenly Haven is available as an Ebook on Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook, and Kobo.
Christine Lindsay would love to connect with you on her website www.ChristineLindsay.com, or drop by her blog for inspiration www.ChristineLindsay.org or follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Heavenly Haven and really enjoyed it! A very sweet story with realistic relationships and tension! Loved it, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you April. It was a joy to write.

    ReplyDelete

WHEN THE WORLD SAYS YOU CAN'T, FAITH SAYS YOU CAN!